Rev. Kathleen Owens, Assistant Minister
Kristen Kuriga, South Bay Ministry Team Coordinator
South Bay Steering Committee
- Spiritual Growth & Religious Education - Sunday morning is an opportunity for families to worship together at our Intergenerational Worship Services. During the service there will be lively music, a story for all ages, and opportunities for participation of children and youth in the services. Children will also receive an order of service with activities related to the worship theme for the month. Child care is available for children up to 4 years old. Adult religious education is scheduled at various times during the week. Please see our South Bay page or the SBUEENO South Bay Newsletter to find out about Spiritual Growth & Religious Education opportunities. Spiritual growth is also supported by small group ministry. A 12 Steps to a Compassionate Life group holds monthly meetings and other small groups are in the planning stages. There is also a neighborhood group meeting every other month. For more information, contact: Liz Jones, Director of Religious Education or speak with one of our lay leaders: Barbre Bryan & Elsie Sleeter.
- Caregiving - The South Bay Caregivers Network supports the caregiving needs of our members & friends. Services we may provide include: rides to church or medical appointments, emergency meals, grocery shopping, homes visits, phone calls, and loan of medical equipment. Trained lay ministers are available as a listening presence after Sunday Services. Also, referrals to community resources are provided. For more information, contact: Emily Webb, Intern Minister, or speak with one of our lay leaders, Kay Phillips or Sally Bartlett
- Outreach & Growth - Working with the membership & social justice working groups, the outreach & growth working group creates activities to support the First Unitarian Universalist Church of the South Bay. The goals of the committee include: increasing Unitarian Universalist visibility in the community, collaborating with diverse South Bay Organizations, and encouraging community involvement. For more information, contact: Kristen Kuriga, Social Justice & South Bay Ministry Teams Coordinator, or speak with one of our lay leaders, Carol Smith, Pat Schmidt, and Lolly Brown.
- Social Justice & Service - Working across both campuses, we create justice & compassion in our community through spiritually-grounded action. We build partnerships with community organizations, we educate and engage on immigrant’s rights, we participate in monthly service projects and generosity offerings, and we respond to needs for immediate action & witness. Join with us to deepen our community partnerships and to take action to create the beloved community. For more information, contact: Kristen Kuriga, Social Justice & South Bay Ministry Teams Coordinator, or speak with one of our lay leaders, Julie Schauble or Angela Garcia-Sims.
- Membership & Hospitality - To maintain a vital & growing congregation it is important to fulfill our mission through connections to members & visitors. Whether it be monthly potlucks, social hour, get involved activities or the Welcome Table, everyone is welcome & encouraged to participate in our church life.