The mission of The Rainbow Action Group:
- Provide a specific, visual, candid welcome to all those who come to First Church, especially LGBTs, their friends and supporters.
- Continue to increase the inclusive posture of First Church throughout all its programs, committees, and affiliated organizations, so that LGBTs, as well as their friends and supporters, will continue to be safe and comfortable as members and participating friends of First Church.
- Provide outreach to the community at large in the name of First Church (beyond the First Church campus and activities) by means of leadership, spokespersons, and presence.
Programs and Activities
- Annual Pride Parade
- Support of Mama’s Kitchen through Thanksgiving pie sales
- Support for the annual Worlds AIDS day celebration
TRANSGENDER INCLUSION IN CONGREGATIONS
FUUSD purchased a wonderful 6-part on-line course from the Transforming Hearts Collective that members can take for free. Individuals and groups who want to take their knowledge and skills to the next level in terms of trans identity and how to create congregations that are fully inclusive and affirming of the full breadth of gender diversity.
Over six sessions you will deeply explore the intersection of trans identity, spirituality, and faith community, and gain the grounding, context, and skills to transform yourself and your congregation. Get full details, via our online course platform. If you are interested in taking the course contact Anjela Fujii via email to obtain the code.
- Annual participation in the Pride Parade and Festival.
- Attendance at the Worlds AIDS day celebration.
- Support for all LGBTQI actions
Ways to Get Involved
Join us for the STONEWALL 50 & PRIDE POSTER SESSION
Monday July 8, 2018.
On the First Unitarian Universalist Campus
Bring something to pass for POTLUCK
Arrive at 5:30 to 8:30 pm.
Bring your own dining service and any serving utensils you may need.
After dinner, we will continue the Stonewall legacy by making posters for the Unitarian Universalist Trolley immediately after eating and food clean up.
Join Us Then
All are welcome
- Attend our Rainbow Action Social on the 2nd Sunday of each month in Room 323 from 10:30-11:15 AM.
- Use your skills to plan organize, or present GLBT educational events.
- Help advertise, sell, and distribute the Thanksgiving pies for Mama’s Kitchen.
- Volunteer one Sunday a month to staff the Rainbow Action information table on the patio.
- Help plan, organize, and decorate the Pride float, and/or invite congregants in our church and others to join the parade.
- Join us in speaking out to continue our presence in our community.