Here is the information I promised in my sermon this morning. These are the books that I have found the most useful manuals for Buddhist meditation.
- A Path With Heart by Jack Kornfield
- The Miracle Of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Mindfulness In Plain English by Bhante Henepola Gurantana
- Lovingkindness by Sharon Salzberg (If you liked the meditation we did together this morning)
- Five Good Minutes by Jeff Brantley If you want to start slow and easy. If you are struggling with anxiety Jeff also has a book on using meditation for that issue called Calm Your Anxious Mind.
Finally, if you want to to all or part of a meditation retreat at home, by phone, with a very good teacher, check out www.basicmindfulness.org.
Posted on Sun, August 29, 2010
by Arvid Straube filed under