Our Whole Lives (OWL)
Lifespan Sexuality Education Curricula
Our Whole Lives (OWL) is a series of sexuality education curricula for six age groups: grades K-1, grades 5-6, grades 7-9, grades 10-12, young adults (ages 18-35), and adults.
Our Whole Lives helps participants make informed and responsible decisions about their sexual health and behavior. It equips participants with accurate, age-appropriate information in six subject areas: human development, relationships, personal skills, sexual behavior, sexual health, and society and culture. Grounded in a holistic view of sexuality, Our Whole Lives not only provides facts about anatomy and human development, but also helps participants clarify their values, build interpersonal skills, and understand the spiritual, emotional, and social aspects of sexuality.
The Our Whole Lives values are:
- Self Worth
- Sexual Health
- Justice and Inclusivity
Each level of Our Whole Lives offers:
- Up-to-date information and honest, age-appropriate answers to all participants' questions
- Activities to help participants clarify values and improve decision-making skills
- Effective group-building to create a safe and supportive peer group
- Education about sexual abuse, exploitation, and harassment
- Opportunities to critique media messages about gender and sexuality
- Acceptance of diversity
- Encouragement to act for justice
- Parent orientation programs that affirm parents as the primary sexuality educators of their children
OWL is administered at First Church on a rotating, alternating-year schedule for the following age groups:
Young Adults (ages 18-35)
For more information about the OWL Schedule, contact Kathleen Swift at email@example.com
More info about OWL can be found on the Unitarian Universalist Association website atuua.org/re/owl/.