Covenant of Good Relations for First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Diego
We members, friends, staff, and ministers of First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Diego covenant to treat ourselves and one another with respect. We vow to live our values, to learn, and to serve in ways that are fulfilling and responsible.
We respect and honor ourselves and others when we:
- listen, speak, and act with integrity and compassion;
- communicate openly without anonymous criticism; and
- express gratitude and appreciation.
We value ourselves and others when we:
- invite and welcome into our church the diverse populations and cultures of the wider community;
- enjoy each other with playfulness and good humor;
- act with awareness of ecological issues.
We learn when we:
- educate ourselves about church structure and governance, and the responsibilities of ministers, staff, and volunteers;
- appreciate our own limitations as well as those of others; and
- practice the established process of resolving differences.
We serve when we:
- contribute our financial resources, time. and skills according to our ability, whenever possible;
- model Unitarian Universalist beliefs and values; and
- strive to reflect more accurately the demographics of the wider community in our Church.
Covenant of Good Relations - approved by the Congregation on June 8, 2008