Head directly into the service with your whole family! Children will be invited to leave with their teachers to the Religious Education classroom 2 Sundays a month.
1. Begin your morning by checking in at the welcome table to get oriented. Feel free to ask for a tour of our campus and classrooms.
2. Stop by the Patio to sign in for Religious Education. Find the sign-in sheet for your child(ren)'s class and sign them in. This will allow them to exit the Meeting House to find their teachers without disrupting your service experience. If you have questions about which class your child should attend--just ask!
3. Head to the Meeting House for the service as a family. If you have a child 3 or under, you may choose to go directly to their classroom or the nursery before heading to service (though they are welcome to go with you!).
3. Worshiping as a community is a central part of our Sunday morning experience. Children are welcome and expected to attend the first part of the service which includes the invocation, chalice lighting and opening hymn. Each week, the children are invited to come up on the chancel and lead the congregation in the words and motions of our Children's Affirmation:
"We are Unitarian Universalist, a people of
And Welcome Hands."
"Somos Unitarios Universalistas, personas de
Y manos que dan la bienvenida.”
4. After the children's affirmation, the children leave the Meeting House to meet with their religious education teachers on the church patio. If you have already signed them in, you may choose whether or not you would like to accompany your child(ren) to meet the teachers.
5. After signing in their child(ren), parents may then return to the Meeting House for the remaining service or attend class with their child(ren).
6. Parents sign out the children at the end of the children's program, after worship service from their classrooms.