Our ministers, Rev. Dr. Arvid Straube and Rev. Kathleen Owens are available for pastoral counseling as well as home and hospital visits. Lay Ministers are church members who have been trained in listening skills. A Lay Minister is available as a caring listener after each Sunday service as well as one-on-one listening as assigned by Rev. Kathleen Owens.
Rev. Kathleen Owens, Assistant Minister
- Lay Ministers - Trained church members work alongside the professional ministers in caring for members who are ex-periencing significant losses or life transitions, or have other needs. Provides Sunday caring listening presence.
- Practical Care Network - See below.
- Expanded Lay Ministry (ELMS) - A group of lay leaders who provide Super Cards for members, make phone calls to members and friends offering support and information, and work in other ways to connect members and friends together.
- Pastoral Advisory Group (PCAG) - An oversight committee that creates policy need for the ministry team and keeps the congregation informed about Care Team information.
Practical Care Network
PCN provides support services to church members in need, especially the elderly and the homebound. Services include:
- Volunteers provide rides, meals, and other tasks upon request. To request assistance, call the church office and request extension 211, the PCN voice mailbox, and submit your request. If possible, at least a week’s notice expedites this process. (Volunteer Form)
- Phone outreach program is for church members who have difficulty attending worship services and/or functions on campus yet want to be connected with the church community.
- Medical Equipment – walkers, shower chairs, raised toilet seats, companion wheelchairs etc. – are available for short term loan.
- Care Resource Information and Emergency Forms are available at a care information table on the patio on Sundays as well as on the book shelves in the church office. Emergency Forms are confidentially maintained by the ministers to be used if the Church is contacted.
- Super Cards, when indicated, are available for signing at a table on the patio on Sundays.
- Blood Bank account - under the name of UUCH.