What Does Being a Host Mean?
- YOU provide a room, a bathroom (private or shared), & a continental breakfast.
- YOU set parameters—availability dates, how many guests at a time, if you’ll accept children, etc.
- YOU & a B&B Team member review guests.
- If you accept, you & the guest coordinate directly on arrangements.
- YOU decide whether to provide a spare key (optional) or make other arrangements with guests.
- YOU receive a Tourist Information Packet from the B&B Team prior to guest arrival.
Where Do We Advertise?
- UU’re Home (the B&B Directory for UUs & Other Religious Liberals), UU World magazine (online & quarterly on paper), & at General Assembly (GA).
- Announcements to UU churches locally & around the country.
- AND, of course, we tell all our family & friends!
How Do Guests Register & Pay?
- Guests register & pay online by credit card. Hosts do not deal with payments.
Where Does the Money Go?
- All proceeds go to First Church’s operating budget.
- Proceeds do not count toward host pledge/financial commitment.
- Consult your tax advisor to determine if receipts for food expenses are tax deductible.
For even more answers to the most common questions download our FAQs pdf.